Freeing up some space or styling it up?
No matter what you’re doing to your bathroom or kitchen area, installing a pedestal sink will both free up some physical space and also leave a vintage, elegant look that simple vanity cabinets and standard sinks are unable to provide.
There are so many options available in the market with a huge mix of prices and styles that selecting one can be quite overwhelming.
Our guide here will assist you in identifying which one works best for your home and help you point out their best features to make a better decision.
If you are in Hurry, here our Best Faucet for Pedestal sink:
Table of Contents
- 1 What Kind of Faucet for Pedestal Sink?
- 2 How to Replace Faucet on Pedestal Sink?
- 3 How to Fix a Leaky Faucet Pedestal Sink?
- 4 What to Look for Before Buying The Best Pedestal Sink Faucet?
- 5 Best Faucet For Pedestal Sink
- 6 Conclusion
What Kind of Faucet for Pedestal Sink?
Faucet is the most important thing on your sink. You have to make sure that the sink you choose to buy is completely well-matched with your preferred faucet.
Most probably, the sink you will buy will contain pre-drilled holes for the faucets to fit in.
Some have single faucet holes and some have the regular double-holes with a 4-inch distance.
The kind of faucet you want depends completely on your preference.
If the faucet style is more important for you, you’ll have to choose it first and then buy a sink that goes well with it.
How to Replace Faucet on Pedestal Sink?
To replace a faucet on pedestal sink, you need to:
- Shutdown the main water supply and open the faucet to let the pipes drain.
- Remove the nuts and screws, which hold the old faucet in place and pull it out.
- Place the new faucet in the sink and seal all the joints using putty, threads, foams, or rubber gaskets.
- You will also have to tighten the mounting nuts considerably using threads.
- Attach the cold and hot water tubes into the faucet inlets and thread them.
- Finally, the test runs water for a while to check for leakages and tighten the nuts if loose.
How to Fix a Leaky Faucet Pedestal Sink?
- First, analyze the kind of washers or cartridge your faucet’s valve system uses after shutting off the water supply.
- Then try to remove the handle whether it’s a lever or a screw.
- After the handle, remove the stem by unlocking the nut that holds it in the faucet and take it to a hardware store for repairs. You will get different parts according to the style of your faucet.
- Fix the new parts in and install the faucet back to the sink using the washers or cartridges, in the same manner, you took out and reopen water-supply.
What to Look for Before Buying The Best Pedestal Sink Faucet?
Before making a purchase, you must first analyze your bathroom space and decide what will be the most suitable product concerning the style, finishing, and scale.
There may be lots of other things to consider as well like:
Decide whether you want to hide the plumbing work or not. Both types of installations work fine but hiding the plumbing will require more work.
The sink must be suspended using support braces against the wall and the pedestal must also be anchored properly to the floor.
You should keep the manufacturer’s bracing requirements in mind while installing the sink.
Floor and wall finishing
It might be possible that the floor and walls behind and below the old vanity need some repair work like drywall, paint and finish the seams.
The pedestal will look better if the water supply lines, shut-off valves, and drains are placed behind them.
They should match the finishing of the bathroom because certain angles can make them visible.
Position of drain
If you’re replacing a vanity counter, you’ll have to decide whether to position it over the existing drain location or cut the drainpipe, reroute it and install additional fittings to have it in your preferred place.
Best Faucet For Pedestal Sink
Delta Faucet Lahara 2-Handle Widespread Bathroom Faucet
With an ensemble of style and functionality, the Delta Lahara is one of the best 2-handle options that has diamond seal technology for drip proofing making it very durable.
This also increases its lifespan twice as long as the industry standard faucets.
The sleekness in its design can allow you to install it in a bathroom with any sort of finishing.
You will be required to make 3 holes in your sink in order to fix this faucet there.
The product comes packed with company-designed supply lines which can further help you reduce water leakage, along with tissue holder, towel ring, robe hook, towel bar, and a trim kit.
- Single-piece product
- Decent flow-rate
- Can adapt to any finishing
- A little elbow grease required
- Gets water stains after a while
Moen 6400BN Eva One-Handle Single Hole Bathroom Sink Faucet
The 6400BN by Moen is a very decently designed bathroom sink faucet that is finished by a nickel brushing.
It might prove to be an attractive, elegant addition to your bathroom apart from being highly efficient.
Its single handle, a user-friendly lever can give you stress-free control over the water temperature. And unlike most other bathroom faucets, the design is versatile.
You can install this top single handle bathroom faucet in either one or three holes without any problems.
It comes with an optional deck plate that you can fit anywhere.
It’s fluid dynamic aerated water-flow has a balanced design that is quick and doesn’t make splashes.
- Complies with EPA WaterSense criteria
- Good for children
- Follows ADA compliancy for disabled people
- Lifetime warranty
- The size is a little too big for smaller sinks
Moen 6702 Genta One-Handle Single Hole Modern Bathroom Sink Faucet
Smooth chrome finishing and a modern outlook can enable Moen 6702 to be an excellent addition to your bathroom’s elegance.
The simple one-handle design makes it quite simple for you to operate the handle and receive a steady flow of water.
Even with this consistent steady water-flow, the faucet can conserve water achieving the EPA WaterSense standards.
The aerated flow of 1.2 gallons of water per minute makes it sufficient for you to enjoy a satisfying performance.
With the Duro-last cartridge, the design adds some ruggedness to Moen 6702 Genta making it more reliable and adding some durability to its life.
- Easy to install
- Modern and sturdy design
- Well-sized for all sinks
- Water flow is weaker or slower
- Easy to install.
- Modern and sturdy design.
- Well-sized for all sinks.
- Water flow is weaker or slower.
Kingston Brass KB1601PX Heritage
Many other faucet models might restrict water flow or limit its pressure for you but the Heritage by Kingston Brass will always allow you to get fast-flowing water with decent pressure.
For every minute, it has the ability to expel 1.8 gallons of water so it is quite fast in that respect but it still complies with California’s water standards.
There are quite a few options available that you can select from according to your bathroom’s finishing.
The package consists of a whole large piece that contains both the cold and hot water taps along with a spout and a sprayer.
- The Flow rate of 1.8 gallons per minute
- Easy to install
- Includes a large set of taps, a spout, and a separate sprayer
- Poor instructions
- A little noisy
- Water flow rate slow or weak
GGStudy Two Handles Three Holes Faucet
The GGStudy is as antique and classy as it gets with its widespread well-arced faucet and old school levers.
Its valves are designed with ceramic disc cartridges that can allow the faucet to sustain an open and close cycle for 600,000 times.
It’s quite easy to fix it into your sink. All you need to do is have three holes in the sink for screwing it in without any difficulty.
It is also possible to upgrade the faucet regularly without having any trouble with plumbing etc. It comes with a pop-up drain in chrome for overflow.
- Very inexpensive
- Easy installation
- Hoses are too soft and kink easily preventing water flow
- Not very sturdy
We finally need to conclude by letting you know what we think about the products mentioned above.
We believe that we have comprehensively sorted out every major detail about the products and have assisted you in choosing the best bathroom sink faucets out of an overwhelming array of choices in the market.
Our favorite was the Delta Lahara since it possesses all the necessary features that one might require from a faucet along with being a great addition to your bathroom’s visual finesse.
It is a very sturdy and durable bathroom accessory.