Back in the day, using an iron was a bit tricky task as it did not offer as many options as a modern iron does.
The iron had a single temperature that would work with all kinds of fabrics.
Technology has made our lives comfortable and more relaxed as it is incorporated in almost everything we use in our daily lives.
Today, there are many irons available in the market with many different options at very reasonable rates.
You can buy steam iron with Auto shut off or without shut off depending on your needs and preference.
Many folks like quilter, sewer or tailor prefer an iron that doesn’t have auto shut off function.
They need a few breaks for other work like cloth cutting, stitching.
In this break time iron gets automatically shut off and it takes time to start over again. It wastes their time considerably.
They want iron to stay hot till they want to turn it off. These folks need the iron without auto shut off function.
But there are only a few options available for iron without auto shut off.
So, here we compiled a few best irons without auto shut off function which helps to work smoothly.
If you are in a hurry, here’s our top pick for you:
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Auto Shut Off On An Iron?
- 2 What To Look For Before Buying The Best Iron Without Auto Shut Off Function?
- 3 Best Irons Without Auto Shut Off Function
- 3.1 Rowenta DG8520 Perfect Steam 1800-Watt Eco Energy Steam Iron Station Stainless Steel Soleplate, 400-Hole, Purple
- 3.2 Oliso M2 Pro Mini Project Iron with Solemate
- 3.3 Steam Iron for Clothes, DECEN 1700W Iron
- 3.4 Rowenta DA1560 Travel-Ready 1000-Watt Compact Steam Iron Stainless Steel Soleplate 120-Volt and 240-Volt, 200-Hole, Purple
- 3.5 Sunbeam Hot-2-Trot 800 Watt Compact Non-Stick Soleplate Travel Iron, GCSBTR-100-000
- 3.6 Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron with Dual Voltage, Travel Bag, Non-Stick Soleplate, Anti-Slip Handle, Rapid Heating, 420W Power
- 4 Wrapping Up
What Is Auto Shut Off On An Iron?
The Auto Shut off iron has a feature that turns off the iron after 1 minute left unattended, for example, when it is motionless and, on its side, or when it is touching the iron board (soleplate down).
The feature also automatically turns off the iron when it is upright, in the usual resting position, but motionless within 8 to 15 minutes.
The iron with Auto shut off feature is designed to saves energy and gives you peace of mind.
What To Look For Before Buying The Best Iron Without Auto Shut Off Function?
Here are the features that an ideal ironing machine should come with;
- Spray option
- Retractable cord for convenient use
- Light in weight
- Watt consumption
Let’s explore them in detail
Many irons come with this feature that allows you to spray the clothes before pressing them.
The main advantage is that it helps to create a good-looking crease without any difficulty.
Moreover, you would not have to keep an additional container or an external spraying gun while ironing clothes.
You need to look for irons that have a retractable cord so you can quickly move it anywhere in the house.
This extends the life of the wire as you don’t have to bend it while using and cuts down any unnecessary maintenance costs.
It is vital to choose an iron that is lightweight so you can use it for more extended periods without incurring any pain in your hands, back, and shoulders.
This is a crucial thing to consider while shopping for irons as it determines how long it will take for the machine to heat up and reach a specific temperature.
It is advisable to buy an iron with a wattage rating of above 1000 watts as it increases the efficiency of the ironing process.
Best Irons Without Auto Shut Off Function
Now that we have thoroughly looked at the features a good iron should come with; it is time to take a look at some of the best irons without Auto shut off function available in the market.
Rowenta DG8520 Perfect Steam 1800-Watt Eco Energy Steam Iron Station Stainless Steel Soleplate, 400-Hole, Purple
This Rowenta DG8520 Perfect Steam 1800-Watt Eco Energy Steam Iron is iron with some good features like anti-scale function and 5 bars of a pressure system that allows removing wrinkles from hanging garments to drapes.
It can also be a good option if you need an iron for smoothing and shaping sewing projects
The iron has a 1.9-meter long cord, which offers the convenience of use if the socket is far.
The iron itself is lightweight, but the base is quite heavy to use and carry around.
- Offers equal steam distribution with 400 steam holes
- A large and removable water tank
- Offers 1.5 hours of continuous ironing
- Saves energy in eco-mode
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- The iron base is not light
- The control panel might be difficult for many to use
This is Oliso M2 Pro Mini Project Iron that comes with 1000 watts, which is a full-sized iron power supply.
The iron heats up very quickly and thus provides very good ironing at even low settings.
It is also good for sewing and quilting projects and has 8 foot long, 180° pivot cord that allows for both right and left-handed use.
The iron comes with coated ceramic soleplate that offers easy gliding and comes with a silicone cover for the bottom of the iron.
- Good watt consumption
- Heat up fast
- Easy to use with 1 button for fabric selection
- Deliver good ironing even at low settings
- Lightweight and travel-friendly
- 3 years warranty
- Size might be too small for some
- Uneasy to use if not gripped as directed
Steam Iron for Clothes, DECEN 1700W Iron
The Decen 1700W iron is a solid built, features moderate weight, and feels very sturdy.
The iron has many features with different control buttons that are very easy to use.
The iron is very flat; you can hang and iron with steam easily.
The cord is 6 feet long with a swivel attachment for easy use.
Decen iron heats up quite fast and adjusts the temperatures well.
The iron comes with a manual and a pour cup that makes it very easy to fill the tank of the iron to the max line about 200 ml.
This might be a good option if you want a variety of functions in an affordable price range.
- Adjustable heat settings, variable steam control, and dry settings
- Tapered non-stick Teflon soleplate glides smoothly
- Easy to use
- The self-cleaning system helps to get rid of any limescale
- Anti-drip 300 ml larger water tank
- Powerful evening heating with 1700W
- Vertical steam function for ironing hanging cloth
- Two years Warranty
- • 6 feet cord might not be long enough for many people
Rowenta DA1560 Travel-Ready 1000-Watt Compact Steam Iron Stainless Steel Soleplate 120-Volt and 240-Volt, 200-Hole, Purple
This Rowenta DA1560 Travel-Ready 1000-Watt Compact Steam Iron is a basic 100-watt compact and lightweight iron with stainless steel soleplate.
The iron offers a burst of steam along with vertical and variable steam and has a transparent water tank, which allows you to see when to fill the water.
The product also comes with a drawstring cloth bag for travel and easy storage.
The tip offers good coverage for reaching narrow edges like seams and collars.
However, it does not offer an anti-drip option, which might be the main thing you can want in a steam iron.
- Good consistency of steam with 200 steam holes
- Adjustable temperature
- Vertical steam feature
- Lightweight model
- One-year warranty
- Does not offer the ease of anti-drip
- Can heat up quickly
- Small, may not be appropriate for every piece of cloth
Sunbeam Hot-2-Trot 800 Watt Compact Non-Stick Soleplate Travel Iron, GCSBTR-100-000
This is Sunbeam Hot-2-Trot 800 Watt Compact Non-Stick Soleplate Travel Iron is another basic yet small iron.
The sunbeam iron heats up quickly and offers different heat settings but might not be appropriate for every type of fabric.
Though the iron is lightweight and travel-friendly, its leaks and rusts quite easily.
Click Here for Latest Reviews and Price of Sunbeam Hot-2-Trot 800 Watt Compact Non-Stick Soleplate Travel Iron
- Compact and lightweight
- Good for travel
- Adjustable temperature controls for different fabrics
- Size might be too small for some people
- Uneasy to use if not gripped as directed
Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron with Dual Voltage, Travel Bag, Non-Stick Soleplate, Anti-Slip Handle, Rapid Heating, 420W Power
This Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron might seem smaller in size, but it is equally effective with many modern features.
Apart from the obvious functions, it can be good for sewing and quilting, especially patchwork due to its small size.
The iron machine is lightweight and easy to use due to its one-touch control system.
It is also a chemical-free and water-conserving option with low wear-and-tear for clothes, curtain and drapes, and other fabrics like table linens.
However, one off-point is that the whole unit gets heated up sometimes.
- Compact travel friendly design
- Dry Iron or Steam Iron options
- Features 1-touch steam control and 3 temperature settings
- Anti-slip handle for improved grip
- Heats up fast
- Two years warranty
- Size might be too small for some users
- Uneasy to use if not gripped as directed
- Absence of anti-drip feature
After analyzing all the advantages and disadvantages of different ironing machines of various brands, it is quite clear that the Rowenta DG8520 Perfect Steam 1800-Watt Eco Energy Steam Iron is the best steam iron without Auto shut off.
It has all the modern features and is a well-built model, so you don’t have to buy another iron soon.
The iron is easy to use with incredible steam flow and delivers a powerful and fast heating process.