Are you looking for upgrading your old juicer or searching for best the masticating juicer?
Then you came at the right place.
There are two renowned types of juicers available in the market i.e. masticating and centrifugal juicers.
Among these two, masticating juicers are the best options as they produce better quantity and quality juice than centrifugal juicers.
There are a lot of masticating juicers available in the market. Choosing best one is quiet tricky for you.
So we have tried to taper your search that helps you to choose the best juicer available out there in the market.
Here are the best masticating juicers under $200 with complete buying guide which helps to find the best one.
What Is Masticating Juicer?
Masticating juicer is also known as a cold-press juicer or slow juicer. Masticate means to grind or chew.
Masticating juicers normally chew up the fiber of foods at low speed without spinning it. They initially crush and then press the fruits or vegetables.
So they extract the high yield keeping their nutrients intact. They are efficient to process fruits, hard vegetables, leafy greens, herbs, and nuts also.
How Does Masticating Juicer Work?
Masticating juicers extracts the juice from food with using masticating process. It has an augur which operates at 80 to 100 RPM for yielding a juice.
When you insert the produce, the augur crush and press the food against the juicer wall. The filter grasps the pulp which is very dry in texture.
The remaining juice is pressed out. Masticating juicers are capable of squeezing out the produce till the last drop and you get the very dry pulp.
So masticating juicer produces high juice yield and drier pulp which is the indication of competent juicer.
This whole process is very slow, which slows down the oxidation process and preserves the nutrients.
Things To Consider Before Buying Best Masticating Juicer
Augur of the juicer crushes and squeeze the produce to juicing screen. It separates the juice and pulp.
It should be durable as it processes of hard produce, so there is chances of break it down.
Most of the new masticating juicer models use GE Ultem augur which is eight times durable than regular plastic.
Lower the speed, higher the nutrients preserved of the juice. Slow speed juicer, produces less heat which prevents the oxidation.
It helps to preserve the vitamins, enzymes of the juice. So choose the juicer with low rotation speed.
3.Size of chute
The preparation time depends upon feed chute size. The wider chute permits you to insert whole fruits or vegetables without cutting them.
They also have very fewer chances of clogging and oxidation. If your juicer is having a small chute, needs more preparation and its time consuming too.
For consistent performance, clean up is highly recommended. Regular cleaning is the essential for getting quality juice every time.
So choose the juicer model which is very easy to clean. Juicer with dishwasher safe parts will give you added advantage for cleaning.
Augur presses the pulp against the juicing screen which results in separation of pulp from juice. So there are high chances of the breakdown of juicing screen.
If you are going with an upright masticating juicer, choose the model with an Ultem juicing screen which is highly durable.
Masticating Juicer vs Triturating Juicer
Triturating Juicer consists of two gears for operating. So it is also known as twin gear juicer.
They operate at a slower speed than masticating juicer. So twin gear juicer extracts juice with minimum oxidation and maximum nutrition.
But cleaning of this juicer is a little time consuming and difficult task and they are unable to juice citrus fruits.
Whereas masticating juicer operates with a single augur. So it is also known as single augur juicer.
The price of this masticating juicer is lower than a triturating juicer. They are competent to extract juice from all types of fruits, vegetables, and leafy greens.
Vertical Masticating Juicer vs Horizontal Masticating Juicer
There are two types of masticating juicers available in the market .i.e. vertical masticating juicer and horizontal masticating juicer.
Initially, only horizontal masticating juicers are used for juicing and other nonjuicing functions. In 2008, vertical masticating juicer was introduced for juicing function.
Vertical masticating juicers offer dual benefit of centrifugal and masticating juicer. Vertical masticating juicer operates at a fast speed like centrifugal one.
Both vertical and horizontal model operates at 80 RPM. But vertical is faster because it has augur which is 3 to 4 times larger than a horizontal juicer.
Most of the vertical juicers find difficult to deal with leafy greens. It has larger feeding chute than horizontal model. So it cut downs your prep time.
Vertical juicers extract more juice and dryer pulp than horizontal juicers. Vertical masticating juicers have a smaller footprint so as they require small counter space to store than horizontal one.
The Horizontal Masticating juicer operates at slow speed. They are more competent to produce juice from leafy greens like wheatgrass, spinach, kale etc.
They are less expensive than vertical juicers. It also has longer warranty period for its motor.
Following is the video which shows difference between horizontal and vertical masticating juicers.
Benefits Of Masticating Juicer
Masticating juicer operates at slow speed, it conserves freshness of food. Slow RPM motor generates less heat, so you can store the juice for a longer period of time without any oxidation.
2.Quiet and slow function
Masticating juicers operate at very low speed. They make very less noise while operating. So the operation of juicer is nearly quiet.
3.High juice yield
If you are comparing masticating juicer with centrifugal, masticating juicers are highly capable of extracts more juice with very dry pulp. They can squeeze out the food until the last drop of liquid.
Masticating juicers are also capable of other non juicing function. They can work as a food processor, noodle maker, and grinder. They perform efficiently juicing as well as non juicing function.
5.Process all types of produce
Masticating juicers can process almost all types of produce. They can make juice of the hard fruits, soft fruits, green leafy vegetables as well as citrus fruits with equal efficiency.
Best Masticating Juicer Under $200
Masticating juicers are the expensive juicers. Many masticating juicer models costs more than $500.
Picking up juicer under $200 is quiet difficult.
So here we have come up with 5 best masticating juicers under $200 available in the market. It will definitely help you to pick best one.
1.Omega VRT330 Dual-Stage Vertical Single-Augur Low-Speed Juicer
Omega VRT330 Dual-Stage Vertical Single-Augur Low-Speed Juicer is single augur masticating juicer in vertical design by omega.
It is perfectly suitable for small kitchens due to its small footprint. The dual stage juicing process ensures maximum juice yield with dry pulp ejection.
As it operates at very low speed i.e. 80 RPM, no noise is generated. It doesn’t grind the food but squeezes it.
There is no heat generated during juicing process so it prevents the oxidation of juice. It preserves vitamins and the nutrients in the juice. So you can store your juice for longer time.
It is very easy to operate as it featured with only three settings i.e on, reverse and off.
The juicer comes with two spouts and two 50 ounce containers for fresh juice and pulp ejection respectively.
It is also included fine and coarse juicing screen, pusher to push produce and cleaning brush.
- This is a versatile juicer as it can juice variety of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens even it can press soybeans for soya milk.
- It comes with 3 inch wide feed chute, so there is no need to cut the produce for juicing. It reduces the prep time considerably.
- The juicer has automatic cleaning system which cleans the juicing screen during juicing process.
- It comes with automatic pulp ejection system that ensures the continuous juicing.
- The reverse switch helps to unclog the juicer.
- It weighs about 20 pounds, which ensures durability. But it creates trouble to move anywhere easily.
- The majority of parts made of plastic. Even it is heavy gauge plastic, it cannot be durable than stainless steel. Juicing screen is also made up of plastic. So there is possibility to crack after some usage.
2. Kuvings BPA-Free NJE-3570U Masticating Slow Juicer
If you are drinking juice regularly and want to enjoy versatile juicing, Kuvings NJE-3570U Slow juicer is the best option for you.
It has 170-watt motor operates at 80 RPM speed ensure that you will not lose the natural flavour of juice and prevents from oxidation.
The juicer comes with direction control power switch that helps to prevent clogging. It is designed with carrying handle and auto feeding design for quick operation which user friendly.
The juicer allows continuous juicing up to 30 minutes due to its pulp ejection system. It comes with dust cover and cord organiser for tidy storage.
- It comes with 1 juicing nozzle and 6 different nozzles for processing variety of foods. You can grind, mince, and crush by using these nozzles which added its versatility.
- This is very easy to assemble and disassemble. There are very few parts to clean and most of the parts are dishwasher safe. So cleaning is breeze.
- The juicer is designed with superior auto feeding and extraction system which enables quick and expedient operation.
- It has heavy duty juicing screw which is made from durable hygienic material that can handle hard produce.
- This Kuvings juicer model comes in horizontal design so it takes large counterpace.
- There is no strainer provided with this juicer.
- The feed chute of this juicer is quiet narrow. It’s only about 1 ½ inches in diameter. So you have to cut the produce before insert in feed chute. It spends your more time in preparation.
Watch the following video review of this Kuvings Juicer.
3. Aicok Slow Masticating Juice Extractor
Aicok is a new brand founded in 2015, currently offering wide range of small appliances. But it becomes quite popular in very short period.
There is no exception of masticating juicer by Aicok. Aicok slow masticating juicer operates at slow speed 80 RPM.
It extracts more healthy juice with no heat build up, less foaming and oxidation.
You can catch a healthy juice with all essential minerals and vitamins. It is built with 150 watt DC motor and operates at 110volts.
It weighs about 7.5 pound and comes with 4 feet long cord. This decent juicer is ETL certified and having 2 years of warranty.
- It featured with stylish and compact design with black and green finish.
- The comes with heavy duty juicing screw, made by PMMA and environment friendly material. It assures durability of augur.
- This is a quiet juicer as it runs below 60 decibels. So you can enjoy juicing without disturbing others.
- It is very easy to assemble and disassemble as it takes only about 2 minutes to assemble. You can clean the juicer parts in dishwasher as they are dishwasher safe or you can simply rinse the parts and allow it to dry. So it is easy to clean also.
- It is very competent at juicing but cannot be used for other functions such as sorbet making, mincing, food processing etc.
- The juicer has small feed chute i.e. 4 cm diameter. So you will have to cut and dice the produce before inserting in feed chute.
Watch the below video for demo and review of this juicer.
4. Big Boss Cold Press Heavy Duty Slow Masticating Juicer
Big boss cold press slow masticating juicer is also known as big boss vitapress. It is equipped with 150 watt motor for operating longer time.
This juicer has dual stage extraction power to extract maximum juice from produce.
It is featured with reverse function to remove if any piece of produce stuck in and extract maximum juice with smooth operation.
This juicer comes with accessories such as juice cup, pulp collection cup, pusher and cleaning brush for simple and convenient usage.
The strainer of this juicer is made up of stainless steel which is durable and easy to clean as well.
- This juicer comes with auto shut off function which turns off the juicer automatically after 20 minutes of operation to allow it cool.
- The juicer can works continually for long time i.e. up to 10 min.
- It has large feeding tube allows you to put in large batches of produce at one go without cutting or dicing it.
- This juicer is easy to move anywhere as it weighs about only 10.3 pounds.
- Majority of juicer parts made of plastic, so there are high chances of breakage.
- It extracts wet pulp for some sort of produce like carrot, ginger etc. So you have to send pulp through the juicer once again to take out more juice.
5. Mooka Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor
This Mooka Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor in elegant sleek design with red finish which looks stunning in your kitchen.
Though it comes in sleek design, it is durable as well. It operates at slow 80RPM which preserves the nutrients.
The slow speed extraction system extracts healthy juice with preserving all nutrition of produce. You can store juice for 72 hours without having degradation.
It works efficiently with wide variety of produce like fruits, vegetables, nuts, wheatgrass, beans, and leafy greens. The juicer has two juicing programs for hard and soft produce.
- It is very easy to clean as it has few detachable parts and they are dishwasher safe.
- The reverse function prevents clogging.
- The parts are easy to assemble and disassemble.
- It extracts wet pulp.
Take a look of following video which shows the demo and cleaning of the juicer.
So these are the best masticating juicer under $ 200 with complete buying guide. If you are looking masticating juicer under $200 these are the best options to consider.
Our buying guide helps you to take well informed decision. We do hope you can find here your best one juicer fulfilling your requirements and suitable to your lifestyle.