Is your coffee maker hot plate being bit rusted (or even a lot)?
Then you might think of you cannot save your coffee maker. But throwing out your coffee maker is not the way!
Now it’s time to say goodbye to awful rust stains, not to your coffee maker!
Rusting issue on coffee maker hot plate is quite common. But removing is a very tricky task.
There are several things work to save your rusty coffee maker. Perhaps you have some of them at your home.
Here I will show you how to remove rust from a coffee maker hot plate with some easy tips and tricks.
Table of Contents
How to Keep Coffee Maker Hot Plate from Rusting?
As you know prevention is always better than cure. This can be applied here too. Following things can prevent your coffee maker from rusting.
These are little things you can apply in daily routine but works for the long life of your coffee maker.
- Keep your coffee maker clean after every use.
- Always dry hot plate thoroughly after every wash and even when you not going to use either.
- Don’t use the coffee pot to fill the water into the water reservoir of the coffee maker. Instead, you can use large glass to fill the water well without splashing on a hot plate. It also helps to keep bottom of the coffee pot and hot plate dry.
- After the brewing process has been done, make sure there is no water dripping. Remove the wet ground as soon as possible. It prevents the dripping when you take out the coffee pot from a plate. Otherwise, your coffee plate gets wet every time. And this moisture can develop rust.
- When you completed the job with coffee maker, wipe down the coffee maker hot plate with a damp rag to remove coffee residue left on a hot plate. Then dry out with a clean cloth or paper towel.
Check out how to remove rust from a meat grinder.
How to Remove Rust from Coffee Maker Hot Plate?
If you have taken care of the above things in daily routine, your coffee maker hot plate won’t get rusted anymore.
But if your coffee maker hot plate has been rusted already, you can try out following easy remedies to remove rust from coffee maker hot plate.
White vinegar is a great rust remover that you find easily at your home. It is cheap and natural cleaner and rust remover.
White vinegar contains solid acidic properties which help to remove rust. This can remove rust from metal, cast iron, clothes, and even carpet too!
Use white vinegar to eliminate rust from coffee maker hot plate using following simple steps.
- Unplug a coffee maker and take out the coffee pot.
- Take a clean cloth. Soak it in white vinegar.
- Allow it to sit on the coffee maker hot plate to get rid of rust.
- Wipe out the coffee maker hot plate with a paper towel or cloth rag.
Navel jelly is one of the effective rust removers. It can remove rust from metal surfaces.
This comes with unique rust removal formula which has been used for over 25 years. It can remove the rust from tools, automobiles, lawn mowers, barbeque grills, antiques, etc.
This also can remove rust from your coffee maker hot plate with ease. It can remove the rust instantly in front of your eyes.
Let’s get to know how to use this to remove rust from coffeemaker hot plate.
- Unplug the coffeemaker.
- Clean the coffee maker hot plate with using soap and water.
- Let it dry completely.
- Apply Novel Jelly Rust Remover using a brush.
- Let it soak for 15 to 45 minutes, depends upon how bad the rust is.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Allow drying the hot plate thoroughly.
Now, you will get back your coffee maker hot plate just like a brand new!
Looking for french press coffee grinder? then click here.
If there is rust develops on coffee maker hot plate, then you can simply eliminate it with just an aluminum foil.
Aluminum foil is an easy and cheap method to remove rust. It is an effective remedy as reacts with the rust chemically. As it is comparably softer than other materials it will not scratch the surface.
For removing rust with aluminum foil,
- Tear the strip of aluminum foil and dip it into the clean water.
- Wet the aluminum foil in water. Wand up the foil.
- Discover the rusty area and rub the foil against that rust.
- If foil gets dry, again dip back in the water or you can take a fresh piece of aluminum foil.
- Clean the leftover area with a soap filled pad.
- Rinse the hot plate and let it dry.
Oxalic Acid can be used as a cleaner for cleaning many things around your house as any acid can do. It works as a rust remover, as a bleaching agent, wood stain remover and many more.
This removes rust from plumbing pipes, kitchen countertop, sink, tubs, metal rust stains efficiently. It can be used for home, garden as well as for commercial purpose.
This Oxalic cleaner consists of a natural component of various plants and vegetables. It comes in powdered form.
Let’s get to know how to use this for removing rust from coffee maker hot plate:
- Make a solution of water and oxalic acid in which you will need to make use only 10% oxalic acid with the water.
- Allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Wipe off the solution with a cloth rag.
- Repeat this process if required.
- Use gloves when applying this Oxalic acid on any surface.
- Apply this Oxalic acid in moderate amount for safer usage.
Searching for Turkish coffee grinder? Then click here.
White vinegar, baking soda and soap
If vinegar alone doesn’t work well to remove rust from the hot plate, then you can combine the baking soda together for effective rust removal.
You can remove the rust by following way:
- Sprinkle baking soda on rusty areas of a hot plate.
- Pour white vinegar over it. When you add vinegar, it will foam up due to the reaction. So, it is wise to do in the sink.
- Let it sit for a few minutes to soak.
- Then take a small amount of dawn soap on the sponge.
- Rub the rusty area with the abrasive side of a sponge. But rub it gently so that it won’t hurt your hot plate.
- Rinse with clean water and dry it thoroughly.
You know coca cola as a soft drink. But it is not just a soft drink, you can use it to clean or remove rust from things around your home.
I know you wonder by name of coca cola as a rust remover tool. But it is true!
It comes with phosphoric acidity with a Ph level of 2.8. So, it like fresh lemon juice or vinegar to remove rust or cleaning the things. Its highly acidic property makes it perfect to remove rust.
You can remove the rust of coffee maker hot plate with coca cola by following simple way.
- Pour coca cola into a hot plate.
- Then let it sit for a few minutes. Allow it for soaking to eliminate rust.
- Then drain out the coca cola.
- Rinse it and wipe down with a clean cloth.
Looking for ways to coffee maker without vinegar? Then click here for easy remedies.
Do You Need to Paint Coffee Maker Hot Plate?
If the hot water or hot coffee sit on the surface of a hot plate, the heat leads to corrosion of metal and paint. So, you need to repaint the hot plate to keep in good condition for longer.
When you remove the rust with above remedies, try to repaint the hot plate. But keep in mind, use only heat and rust resistant paint.
Rust-Oleum High-Performance heat and rust resistant paint is a good option to go with. It prevents future rust build up on your coffee maker hot plate.
I have listed all my favorite tricks to remove rust from a coffee maker hot plate that works fast. They are very easy to apply. I hope these remedies will help you too.
Once you remove the rust completely, try out to follow preventive measures mentioned above on a daily basis for long-lasting performance of your favorite coffee maker.
So, say goodbye to rust and get your coffee maker like a brand new!