Cleaning of the pan after cooking is just a tedious job! If you burnt your red copper pan by mistake, it got even worse to clean it. But don’t worry. Here I will show you how to clean the red copper pan with some amazing easy tips and tricks.
The red copper pan needs proper care and maintenance, otherwise, it turns to detrimental condition easily. If your red copper pan gets grimy and black, no one would like to see it.
Let’s get to know how to clean and care for your red copper pan and make it long lasting.
How to Season Red Copper Pan?
If you bought a new red copper pan, you need to season it before first use. By seasoning the pan, you can enhance its non-stick properties. It also helps to keep food from sticking and makes it long lasting.
You can season the red copper pan with the following steps:
- Wash the pan with warm water and soap. Don’t use harsh scouring pads to clean the pan. Instead, you can use a soft cloth with soap. Rinse the pan with water. Let it dry.
- Coat the interior of the pan with 15 ml. oil using a paper towel. You can use olive oil or any vegetable oil to season the pan.
- Preheat the oven at 300 F degree. Place the pan in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven using oven mitts.
- Allow the pan to be cool down completely. Let the oil in the pan gets dry for about 15 minutes. It helps to fill the pores of the pan with oil. Don’t keep your pan in the refrigerator for cooling down.
- Wipe off excess oil with a paper towel. Now, your pan is ready to use!
Watch the following video that shows how to season a copper pan precisely.
Looking for best pan searing scallop? then click here.
How to Clean Red Copper Pan After Every Use?
You should clean your red copper pan, immediately after each use. It helps to enhance the life of the copper pan and ease in clean up in the long run. If you don’t wash your pan after cleaning, it may lead to developing more build up on your pan and makes it difficult to clean.
Cleaning of the pan is not that much difficult. You just need to wipe off the food residue in the pan with just paper towel or soft cloth.
For cleaning little tougher residue, don’t use steel wool or hard scouring pads as it leads to scratches on the surface of the pan. Instead, you can use washcloth.
Check out for best pan for flan
How to Clean Burnt Red Copper Pan?
You can clean out the burnt red copper pan with the following remedies. But don’t use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring pad to clean out hard to clean burnt food. You can use plastic scrub to clean out burnt food particles.
You can use dishwasher liquid to clean the burnt red copper pan.
- For this, fill the pan halfway with water.
- Simmer the liquid in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Make a solution of 1 cup water to 1 tablespoon dish-washing liquid.
- Rinse the pan with dish-washing liquid solution.
- After washing the pan dry it thoroughly or wipe down with a clean towel.
You can clean your red copper pan simply with the household product lurking in the back of your refrigerator. Yes! That is baking soda. Let’s get to know how to clean the red copper pan with baking soda.
- Sprinkle the baking soda on the burnt areas on a pan.
- Allow it to rest for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Scrub the pan gently with plastic dish brush in a circular motion where there is the stain.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Dry it with a clean towel.
You can also soak the pan in the solution of water and baking soda. Scrub the burnt food with a plastic scrubber. Rinse with warm water and wipe down with a soft towel.
Try out this Dobie scrubber for scrubbing and sparkling clean pan.
Professional Easy-off Oven Cleaner
You can use Professional Easy-off Oven Cleaner to clean your non-stick copper pan.
- Spray the Professional Easy-off Oven Cleaner inside the pan over the burnt area.
- Allow it to soak for a couple of hours to lift off the stain easily.
- Simply wipe out with a wet rag. And you will get your pan sparkling clean!
Looking for ways to clean wok with burnt food? then check out here.
How to Clean Bottom of Red Copper Pan?
You can restore outside of the pan with following simple steps.
- Wet the red copper pan in the sink.
- Sprinkle salt over an outside surface of the pan.
- Again sprinkle white vinegar/white wine vinegar and little amount of salt.
- Soak it for 5 minutes.
- Scrub the outside surface using plastic scrub.
- Rinse and dry the pan thoroughly.
Watch the following video that shows how to clean bottom of copper pan.
How to Maintain and Care for Red Copper Pans?
- For longer shelf life of red copper pan, you need to maintain its non-stick surface. So, maintaining the non-stick properties of the pan is necessary. For this, you require to season the pan properly. We recommend seasoning the pan every 6 months for a smooth cooking surface.
- Don’t leave the red copper pan on heat without any reason.
- Some red copper pans are dishwasher safe, but it is good to give it hand washing.
- Don’t use metal utensils on it for maintaining the surface of the pan.
- Don’t pour water in a hot pan or don’t submerge hot pan into cold water. It may lead to develop the cracks on the surface of the pan and damage the surface.
- Don’t use cooking spray. It makes more difficult to clean the residue left by them.
See also: Best wok for deep frying
Can Red Copper Pans be washed in a dishwasher?
Ans: Yes, most of the red copper pan is dishwasher safe. But I recommend hand washing to maintain the quality of the time and for longer use.
How to clean the Red Copper Pan if eggs stuck to the pan?
Ans: When you try the delicious recipes like egg over-easy. Most of the time it won’t be stuck due to non-stick properties. But some tiny egg residue may stick to the pan. For cleaning the pan, cook the residue for a few seconds after taking out the cooked eggs. Then simply scrape off with silicon spatula. Wipe off with a soft towel and it is ready to use again.
Can you re-season a Red Copper Pan?
Yes, you can re-season the red copper pan. Actually, we recommend to re-season the pan every 6 months. If you notice your pan doesn’t perform well, just re-season it. Follow the all above the steps of initial seasoning excluding the first step. You can simply wipe out surface just with a paper towel instead of the first step.
How to clean cooking spray stuck on the pan?
We recommend not to use cooking spray on this copper pan. But if you use it, it gets difficult to come off. For getting off cooking spray use hot water and dish soap solution. Scrub it with plastic scrub. Even if this remedy will not work use, Bar keepers friend cleanser and polish powder.
Are red copper pans safe?
Yes, of course, red copper pans are safe. For this, you should know the construction of red copper pan. It has a nonstick ceramic surface which doesn’t comprise any toxins. It also doesn’t release toxic material due to high temperature. This nonstick coating is PFOA and PTFE free. So, it is absolutely safe to use.
Best Pan with Removable Bottom